The Best General Contractor is a Licensed Contractor
These days there’s no shortage of professionals to call when you need a new roof or want to start that long-awaited remodeling project. But finding the best general contractor with the experience and versatility to manage such a demanding job can be overwhelming. The smallest mistake, including using the any-contractor-will-do mindset, is not only risky but can set a homeowner back both financially and when it comes to completing a project on time.
Make sure you hire a licensed contractor for your next project. Sage General Contractor has over 40 years of experience to take on any project – big or small – and we are licensed, bonded, and offer a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty.
What is a licensed contractor, anyway?
The best general contractor is a licensed contractor with the know-how, applied background, and training to perform work on your home or property, from constructing a new office building, a room add-on, or a second-story addition to landscaping services, various home improvements, and finishing jobs that require building permits. A good article to read to learn more about the legal reasons to hire a licensed general contractor is written by RealEstateLaw.
Here are eight reasons to hire a licensed contractor:
- They are licensed by the state and must adhere to all rules and regulations for that state;
- They have training and experience, including demonstrating various levels of competency;
- Their license requirements include criminal background checks;
- Guaranteed to not have any contracting grievances;
- They offer workers’ compensation and liability insurance to protect you from lawsuits;
- They know the ins and outs of complex building codes and other regulations;
- Licensed contractors supervise an entire construction project, including scheduling subcontractors; and
- They are able to bring in contractors with specialty licenses (plumbers, electricians)
Sage holds several licenses to protect our customers
Sage is the best general contractor for your job. We offer a comprehensive list of state licenses and affiliations that not only back our work, but also our products. Some of those include being GAF Certified, a member of the National Roofing Contractors Association, an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, and an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau.
The advantages as a consumer to hiring a licensed contractor is that you will have a significant competitive advantage in the marketplace for home improvement and other construction and renovation contracts. More and more, homeowners are becoming savvy and opt to hire a licensed general contractor because these professionals are subject to statutes put in place to safeguard consumers.
Sage General Contractor is qualified to handle any need on your property. Give us a call today (972-420-6500) or contact us here to see how you can qualify for our FREE 10-year warranty. We offer a no-obligation inspection of your home.