Sometimes it can be tough to decide who to use for your next roofing project. When it comes to restoring your home back to normal, you need a roofer you can trust and communicate clearly with. The experts at Sage roofing Flower Mound have a few tips to keep in mind (and red flags to avoid), so you can pick a contractor thats right for you.
Lets start with the basics:
Sometimes it can be hard to communicate with roofing companies when they talk in what seems like a completely foreign language. Here are a few terms that you should know so you don’t get lost in the contractor jargon:
Parts of your roof:
- Dormer: A window or small structure that projects vertically from a sloping roof.
- Valley: The low angle formed where two slowing roof surfaces intersect.
- Ridge: The top edge of two sloping roof surfaces intersecting.
- Penetrations: Chimneys, vents, pipes and stacks, really anything that penetrates a roofing deck.
- Rake: The inclined edge of a roof over the wall.
- Eave: The horizontal edge of a sloped roof.
Keep in mind that there are layers underneath your roof that aren’t pictured here, such as the roofing deck where your roofing materials are applied, for example.
Hire an expert:
Sounds easy enough right? Well unfortunately in this day and age you might need to do a little research into what roofing Flower Mound contractor you choose to avoid roofing scams and low quality work. Make sure that any contractor you hire offers a warranty, has state licenses and insurance. There are groups of pop-up roofing companies that scam neighborhoods with recent storm damage, taking insurance money in exchange for dangerously low quality work.
Look for a history of happy customers and professionalism, or check out the Owen’s Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor list! Sage roofing Flower Mound is proud to be an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, especially because they verify that every roofing contractor on the list has these minimum qualifications:
- Carry all required state and local licenses
- Hold at least $1,000,000 in general liability insurance
- In good Standing with the Better Business Bureau
- Up to date on industry standards and technology
- Certified to offer Owens Corning extended warranties
“Owens Corning Roofing Platinum Preferred Contractors are the top tier of our exclusive network and meet strict standards for professionalism, reliability and unparalleled craftsmanship. Only they can offer our best roofing system warranty.”